Friday, November 6, 2009

Form Tests 1 and 2

So, yesterday and today I spent laser cutting and assembling these test forms. They are currently pasted to foamcore, but that was obviously a mistake since the foamcore is warping and pulling itself from the form. The forms themselves, however, are doing just fine!

I'm really happy with how they turned out. I have two big problems right now. I am trying to figure out how to continue to build "height" on the pyramid, therefore building "depth." Also, I have a half sized model that I am trying to figure out how to put color on. Tomorrow, I plan to finish off my second test and do color tests on my half scale model.

Below is a picture of my first test, which was far too shallow and I was a little messy with the glue.























Here are pictures of my second test which was much more successful.














































For some reason these pictures got really compressed... I'll try and post better ones when I get my tripod back.

No comments:

Post a Comment