Monday, November 16, 2009

3D Models










































































 
BEAUTIFUL 3D renders from Victor :)
This is it, this is what I'm envisioning for the show. Simplistic, minimalistic, solid, clean, and bold.
I just hope no one thinks that this project looks easy. I have never struggled so hard to try and communicate information with so few graphical elements and no text! Not to mention, construction of anything and me almost always spells disaster...

Anyways, this weekend has been super frustrating. I attempted to make a small-scale model and ran into a lot of problems with materials. What I thought was going to work definitely did not... I'm having problems cutting steep angles. I bought an amazing mat cutter, BUT the blade sticks out so far that I can't use a ruler to make a straight cut. :/
Long story short, I am knee-deep in material studies. I need to find the right paints as well. I'm looking at spray paints for colors now. I think I can get a more even coating.

My future plans? I need to buy more materials to test out.
The 3D model will allow me to take measurements off of it. I am going to make this small scale model, even if it kills me and destroys the order in my studio! So, that's where I'm at... continue refining compositions and complete a small scale model.

As soon as I get this material problem down, I can really move forward with construction.




MATERIALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGHHHHHHHHHHH... definitely my biggest speed bump >_<

2 comments: