Monday, November 23, 2009

Books I'm buried in them...

I've been looking at Alan Fletcher's work for some expressive design inspiration.





















I'm reading Jose Muller-Brockmann Pioneer of Swiss Graphic Design.
I'm studying the Designer's Color Manual and Josef Alber's works and writings.
I'm looking at Dada art.

I am committing to my project.
I have the ability to see this through.
I'm researching... I'm trying.

Who's out there to help me? ... anyone?
thought so...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, in an effort to push myself farther and get some more variety in designs. I have decided to ignore the 3D element for now (aka the receeding triangles) and design compositions free of that form's constrictions.
That form is what's holding me back a lot design wise (like the organic, geometric contrast).
I will just keep in mind that I want parts of the composition to end up 3D.

This should help me push forward...
and in the end, I'll just reintegrate that 3D surprise.

I also am thinking of writing out my "proposal" as an "assignment." Maybe that will help me think of this project in a new, yet comfortably familiar light.

No comments:

Post a Comment