Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thinking IP... thinking like an "ipster"

I should write this down. Ok, so for IP:

I am doing information design.
I am making a series of informational graphics.
I am making a blog specifically for IP brainstorming and showcasing the graphics.
AND
HOPEFULLY
I am remaking my online portfolio so that it can really WOW future employers :/

I don't know what the subject of my designs will be. This is a big problem. I will continue to browse Datablog in hopes to stumble across something that really interests me.

Polling the art school is out of the question. I don't want to have to rely on people for my data, not because I don't believe in them, but because I really don't want to take time away from everyone. I know everyone's already busy.

I am already feeling pressure to do something "social justice-y."

We haven't talked about our projects much in IP. I really have no idea what my professors will think. No one in my group is doing anything digital, but I know they'll all be giving me valuable feedback. Its just, I still feel out of place.

Maybe I'll do graphics about drugs or sex. People like those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment