Sunday, September 20, 2009

Meeting

Thank god I'm meeting with Dwayne tomorrow. I am kind of floating around and need some kind of guidance.

I think I've pinpointed my IP Project a little more.
Information design to me is about maybe exposing information that people were unaware of in an easily readable, visual way. Also, there is a lot of information out there that is readily accessible but isn't easily understood. Currently there is a heavy saturation of graphics regarding environmental and health issues, which is really connected to the currently debated topics. I don't think find any fault in this; I just want to expose different information that is more hidden or less popular. I want to do graphs exposing the story of drugs and sex. I am most interested in these two things because not only are they strong human desires, but also they are two very personal topics.
I want to study this way that personal information is displayed in a form that feels impersonal. I think that visualizing drug information will be enriching because there aren't many stereotypical visual elements tied to drugs (outside of marijuana, eg leaves, green) so this leaves the design open ended!

No comments:

Post a Comment