Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Time To






















This is a quick composition I threw together for this specific blog post. It is time for me to work forward and move forward.

I've been dwelling on the form of my final project. I've been frustrated by the subject of my last few ideas. I've been stressed by having nothing. I've felt backed into corners by lots of different people...

It's time for me to allow pieces of myself come out of my work. I have been so detached from my work, as in the subject and content were never reflections of my own feelings.

This project, is the time to explore myself as a designer and as a person. It is ok to expose myself. I won't be able to do this again in the "industry."

The time is now!! SO...
I will work. I will try to pump out compositions fairly often that reflect what I am thinking, how my day has been, what I'm interested in, what I'm listening to... whatever! various things! I'm going to make lists and from those lists I will create interesting compositions from seemingly less important subjects. Hopefully the viewer will see a different view on that subject, of that day, and learn a little bit about me.

Graphic designers are often times detached from their work because they are constantly satisfying clients.

From here on out, I'm satisfying myself. :p
In a few months a pattern should arise (I am a very predictable person). From this pattern, a series can be created and certain compositions can be chosen.


I will try to post more compositions and keep text minimal. Pictures make blogs more interesting right?

No comments:

Post a Comment