Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm careless

This composition has progressed a lot since my last post. I think its almost done. I've left the breaking through the river area blank because I can't seem to do something that I'm happy with. Tomorrow I want to test print this composition on the plotter printers, for size and resolution test. Hopefully, it'll turn out perfect and I won't have to make too many changes... but I doubt it.

I also have no idea where my student show piece is. Floating around the art school? Who knows.

Here it is, be gentle. I've spent a long time on it. Please, click for the larger image.


4 comments:

  1. Wow. You just created my first seven techno album covers.

    But seriously, the details are sick, and the craft and care are apparent. Reminds me of Chinese Perspective paintings. It's imagery for the sake of imagery. But you know how that flies in A&D.


    But, before I interpret ... what can you tell me about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thnx blake. yea, i've definitely been fighting my way through ip and bumping heads with professors... but whatever.

    this composition is an illustration/metaphor for the stages of depression. SHAZZAAAM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe i'm blown away by this, it looks fantastic. i agree with kristen's comment, the textures don't overwhelm the original forms, but add to them nicely.

    i agree with blake about the perspective, there is ALOT of depth in the individual forms. to me though, there isn't as much on the overall piece. this might be because you have so much space on either side of the whole thing. have you considered maybe scaling the different elements to different sizes? that might help it look less flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilz you are a genius! haha. no i haven't thought of scaling things so their different sizes... and i really don't know why. i'm sure i thought of a reason before, but i don't know why i haven't played around with it now.

    also, i'm not too bothered by it overall looking flat. i still like the idea of a flat image with "3D" qualities. :)

    ReplyDelete