Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The progress I'm making at home...

So, as all my professors already know, I have pneumonia and an ear infection. T_T I feel like shit.

My last meeting was with Danielle and Michael. They both gave me a lot of great feedback. We decided that I didn't need to try and make some gimmicky contraption to house my compositions. They can hang freely on their own on a gallery wall. The second thing we came up with was that my two compositions hanging right next to each other would be very awkward as one is very tall and skinny and the other very long. So, I think my solution would be to get a corner spot in one of the galleries where my piece could stretch up and down on one wall and go horizontally on the second. This way they would be separated but together. Hopefully, they won't compete with each other and the formats won't contrast too hard.

Danielle enjoyed the look of my vellum print but I explained how I disliked it because there were no absolute blacks in the print. She suggested I try to fill in the black with a black pen or marker on the reverse side of the print.

I thought that was a good suggestion so I tried it.


































But, I don't think this would work. At first I was like "yea this totally makes it super black!" but then I realized yes it was making it so black that it was eliminating the gradients. So, I can't use this method. Also, my hand is so shaky I couldn't make an accurate line.

No comments:

Post a Comment